Monday, April 29, 2013

Pretty Little Petits Fours

Spring and flowers everywhere..
All the fabulous challenges are also blooming and colorful.
 
This week in Moxie Fab, the inspirational photo, was simply too sweet to resist.

I originally started with a literal interpretation, but something didnt fall through, so I put it on backburner and turned my thoughts elsewere. After a while, I decided that I wanted to make another one..
The soft pinks against wood grain, really captivated me.
Slowly, and painfully, this is what I came up with ..

The story behind it.. 

I wanted to do a stamped interpretation.. Since I dont have a wood grain, background stamp, I had to improvise.. I inked up one side of the Sizzix Embossing folders with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and ran it through the BigShot, with my cardstock, one plate replaced with the Silicone Rubber mat from another Sizzix Textured plates set.
Got a soft wood grain pattern, without the embossing. Exactly the way I wanted.
After much thought, decided on this glass bottle flower vase, from Inkadinkado.
But a single flower wasnt enough, for me.. So pinked up the flower portion of the stamp and created a boutique. Then inked up the bottle in walnut stain and stamped the bottle.
Added stems using my water color pencils.
On a gut feeling, inked up the bottle in a lighter color, masked the already stamped bottle, and added a couple of other shadows. For the second one, I used a couple of distress inks. 

For the sentiment, since my son is graduating from Kindergarten, I wanted make this as a Thank You card for this class teacher.
What more than prefect than using the lovely Unity Stamps - Thank You set, which I got from Lets Craft and Create.
Die cut the stamped sentiment, using Spellbinders circles and inked the edges.
Feeling that the card needs more pink, I used a pink cardstock for the base, running it through the Sizzix Embossing folder - Wood Grain twice, as it is bigger than 4.25*5.5, distressed it to make it a bit shabby.
And I was done..

A couple of other shots


























Remember, I had said, painfully, heres why.
The embossing folder, fell behind my table I crushed finger retreiving it.. :-(
May be next time, a little lighter on the brown.. 
 

Entering in these challenges :

Moxie Fab : Pretty Little Petits Fours. ( My first time entering here :-) )
Lets Create and Craft - Flowers ( A Thank You card, created from the stamps from you lovely ladies :-) )

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Wonderful creation Nithya, thank you for sharing it with us.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Nithya! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)