Friday, April 5, 2013

Phew I made it!!

It was 8 when I saw that the retrosketches #57 challenge was still open.
Dinner done, the boys occupied, and I had to choose between cleaning and crafting..
What do you think I chose? :-)

And almost for a week, had been waiting to do something with washi tape for the die-cut-divas challenge.
And Lets Craft and Create, had anything goes.
+ I got a set to new ink pads, and a few unopened stamps, that I so wanted to give a try.
All together, I ended making a few cards.
Some turned out totally different. And couple unfinished.

Suddenly the stars all moved in favor, and I finished this one.
Of all the things that troubled me today, the main challenge here turned out to be the lack of many acrylic blocks.
Hmm, I need to stock up on them.

Here it is. A very girlie, card to a friend whose Birthday is coming soon, if I remember right..
My  first attempt at retorsketches and chalk inks..


  I created a paper mask with the 2 not-so-staight-boxes. Cut them and blotched the area using dew drops chalk inks.
Apprently these inks take theit own sweet time to dry. Since I couldnt, wait, I used the heat gun to dry it.
Then turned it around and chalked up the rest of the boxes.
Traced around the boxes free hand with a black stamp marker.
I wanted to use this set of stamps, and the colors, for the card I made before, was very ungirlie ( as my son put it, "mommy, you like pink, but why you keep making brown cards?")
Now was stuck, as I didnt have any bakers twine.. So decided to use the washi tape, and quickly ran the bottom part through the big shot.
A pink giggle brad, hand-scripted "happy birthday" and I think I am done.

 
Here are the challenges being entered :
Retro Sketches $57
Die Cut Divas
Lets Create and Craft

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Such a cute card. Makes me smile and I'm sure the person who receives this card will love it.

Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

Unknown said...

Thanks Arlene

Dawn T said...

Very girly Nithya. Thanks fpr joining us at Die Cut Divas

Pajalu said...

What a gorgeous card. I really like how you have combined the challenges. Your card is fantastic. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.