Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My first Mixed Media stamping

My fascination with peacock continues.
This time, gave mixed media stamping technique, from Hero Arts a try.
Turquoise is another one of my favorites.
There was a time, when I was so totally obsessed with Turquoise.
So I automatically chose two of my favorites for this maiden attempt.
And so here is the card.


And here is the story.
First swirled around and painted turqoise acrylic paint with gel medium.
Impatiently heat dried it.
Then stamped a recollections swirls background stamp in Momento Bamboo ink.
Then waited for it to dry. Had a cup of coffee..
Then came the fun part.
I had just bought this Stampendous Peacock feather stamp. A perfect companion to my favortie Peacock stamp from Hero Arts.
I wanted to use a matching blue but since it was dye ink, and dye inks didnt quite stamp well on the canvas, went with Versa fine vintage sepia .
Am glad that I actually went with this.
On another gloss cardstock, distress inked using green
Stamped the vintage peacock again in bamboo ink from Momemto.
Die Cut a matching oval in same colors and feel.
Sentiments are from 7 gypsies and Hampton Art.
Guess the card was ready.
The hard part came, when I had to make up my mind whether to go with adhering this with glue dots/foams or paste it evenly.
Then thought a little 3d effect would be better and was done..

The texture and the uneven surface of the card..
The Gel medium gives a nice sheen.. 
Like it much.
This is one technique I am surely going to try out more..

Couple of other angles.


No comments: