Friday, March 22, 2013

MojoMonday 285 #2

If there is something I hate more than being sick with cold and allergies,
it is the side effects of the cold and allergy medicines.

The entire day went away in a haze...
Idle mind, is definitely a crafter's paradise..
I had so many ideas running through my head..
And when I could muster up some clarity, I decided to try out an idea, which had taken birth, in-spite of my brain being surrounded in the cold allergic drugged haze.

My first time experimenting with the masking technique.

And so I decided to try out the Mojo Monday  285 Challenge again, but this time fully by Stamping.
And ended up creating this.


The How

Gathered my supplies - my silver white sheet cut out, a post-it sheet die cut to a circle, stamps & ink pads.
Masked the post-it circle in the desired location.
And started distressing away using Tim Holtz - Antique Linen.
Then  I covered the rest exposing the small rectangle, and used the finger sponge to dab bronze.
Then Stamped the first layer of the shrubs in Momento Rhubarb.
3 lines of creeper sort of grass came next in Versafine Sepia
Little blooms formed an horizontal border.
Then used the negative of the diecut to mask the card exposing the circle, and followed similar steps.
Next got out my mini butterfly punch, matching brown paper and 2 little winged beauties completed the card.
Stamps used were from Inkadinkado.




The Sketch (MOJO285)

Other challenges, being entered.
http://crafterscornerindia.blogspot.in/2013/02/crafters-corner-challenge-6-stamping.html

You can find me on Facebook as - My-Other-Cuppa-Java-Handcrafted-exceptions/538271102867262?ref=hl

No comments: