Saturday, March 30, 2013

Green, everywhere I turn....

Spring is in the air, water, earth and sky..
Everywhere I turn, I see bright green replacing the dull & brown.
Fresh showers and the bright blooms.
The afternoon sun showing his head, with streaks of bright through the window blinds...
I am sick, with allergies, but nothing could beat my Spring Spirit today.
Couldn't drive, so stuck at home..
With my battle with Kerberos, taking a break, I found my escape in my craft room mess.
A green card, not so bright, not so dull,
Oh, I like it just well..


I used a stamping technique, I saw on youtube sometime back - by Dawn Olchefske
Stamping across layers of cardstock., which I adopted to the Mojo Monday (MOJO286) Sketch.
My first attempt, at this technique, and I think I came out pretty good.
Once you figure out which part of the stamp you need to give extra pressure when crossing across layers, the stress melts away..


The little butterflies, were embossing using polka dot cuttlebug folder.
Talking about green, I like the different greens of this card, though clicked from the same camera, in succession, same location, just change in the camera angles.. :-)

Following are the challenges being entered :



Tools :
------
Flower stamp from Martha Stewart
Versafine vintage sepia ink
Martha Stewart Stamp and punch - Leaf
Recollections mini butterfly punch.
Paper from Recollections & Bazil.
Polka dot embossing folder from cuttlebug.






7 comments:

Pajalu said...

What a wonderful card. I love all those details you have added. Your butterflies are so cute & the cut out flower is just perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

Unknown said...

Thanks Paula :-)

Arlene said...

Love how you adapted the Triple Time technique to your card. Fantastic card.

Thank you for joining Die Cut Divas.

latha said...

keep it up... am enjoying ....

Janis Lewis said...

Wow, great job! Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

Dawn T said...

just so sweet. Thanks for playing with us at Die Cut Divas this month.

Dawny P said...

Gorgeous. I love those colours :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x