Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mixed Media Agapanthus

This is the second card I made for the day.
I am still reeling from the adrenaline rush, of creation..
That, I am writing this blog, though I am half asleep.

After having done with the first Agapanthus card, I wanted to do something different.
Mixed Media Stamping is something I have been wanting to give another try.
My first Mixed Media was based on the Stampendous Peacock feather - http://myothercupofjava.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-first-mixed-media-stamping.html

So decided to try it such.

The Card...





The Story..
So to start with, I was in search of a background..
I wanted text, since I didnt want to take away the attention from the Agapanthus.
The only all-text background stamp I have is a rather small one from Recollections.
So went with the size, and made a rather small 4*4.25 card.
Pretty unconventional size.
First stamped the text in weathered wood Distress Ink.
Then inked the sides and edges with the same color.
Inked  again with rusty hinge.
Now, painted across with white water color paint.
Used a rather thick brush.
Then came yellow acrylic paint strokes, more towards the top.
On gut feeling, added strokes of bronze, acrylic paint
Rather impatient, heat gun'd it.
Then inked up the Agpanthus stamp in Bronze, and stamped to the left side.

Layered it over a mustard piece of cardstock to add contrast.
Tied a piece of embroidery thread. (I still need color twines.)
To finish it off, added a wooden die cut butterfly, and knotted the thread across it.
And stuck on top of a craft base.

Decided to leave the card as such, since it looks more like a scenery.
Like sunset..
What do you think?

A couple of more shots...



2 comments:

latha said...

hey Nitya... Keep doing doing them... I love the way you are creative.. Never knew you had so much creativity hidden in you... :D

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A monochromatic beauty!