Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Almost final batch of VDay cards

Been quite a busy few days and I wasnt able to make anymore.. 
So looks like this might be the final batch of VDay cards.
Will it or will not it :-)

As always, these cards are again, experiments, as I learn how to use the dies and embossing folders.
The one below, I consider as an experimental success, more than a mistake :-)
Love the TM paper, its color & texture, and how beautiful the embossed areas stands out.
Yet again, I cut out a flower from a scallop circle (used a sizzix die here), but this time went ahead distressed it and stamped it. A writing stamp, which I have fallen in love with.
A couple of tattered leaves, distressed with "love"
Overall, I love this card.
May be a bit too much, that I want to gift this to myself tomorrow :-)

 
 The below card, is the companion card, for its rusty red counterpart, made fully in blue, for a very special friend, who just likes blue and lots of it.
Went with an eyelet in this, than the string & clip I used in the previous one.
Eagerly waiting, for the feedback, when this is presented :-)


Rusty Red and Dusty Blue. Seriously tempting me to make all cards in pair in contrasting colors.
May be I need to give this a try.


No comments: