Sunday, June 23, 2013

MoxieFab Vintage Vagabond

Here's my take on this fortnights inspiration.

Vintage Vagabond - http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/06/tuesday-trigger-vintage-vagabond.html
Initially I was planning to go stamping.. But accidentally when rummaging through my stash, I found this pattern cardstock from Safari Chic and changed my mind to go with this.
Geometric patterns, mix of circles and squares, and brown and cream.. I think this perfectly fits the inspiration photo..
The Studio-G vintage caged bird, for the cage and the brass/golden bowls in the picture..
The placement of the birdcage took some time, and I went with placing it on the red background, since it was contrasting and the bird cage was prominent.  In other colors, it sort of melded with the background.

Sentiment is from Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die set.
After stamping the sentiment and die cutting it, traced the die outline on brown cardstock and handcut it to layer it.


5 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful patterns together. Love the 'glow' of your card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You are right - it fits perfectly! I love that bird cage - I tried to fit one in on my card, but I could not do it.....

Helen F. said...

Wonderful colors and patterns mix here, Nithya! Love the bird cage charm :)

Kanan Pandya said...

Very pretty card, Nithya. Great take on the challenge. :-)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Nithya! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)